Ola can be charged at home with a 5 A socket. Ola cost of ownership is 5 years compared to the petrol driven scooters. It costs 43% lesser than other brands.
The two scooters can run 121 km and 181 km on a full charge as their battery capacity is 3-kilowatt hour (kwh) and 3.9 kwh, respectively
Ola S1 model takes 5 hours for full Charge while Ola S1 Pro takes 6.30 hours for full Charge. Using Ola’s supercharger, however, one could charge the scooter to 50 percent capacity within 18 minutes. But considering in Kerala households, most of them wish to charge at their home unlike in a public place.
Ola’s S1 model should cost you Rs 90,000. Comparing this with existing EV scooter models, TVS iQube is priced at Rs 1,01,000 and Ather’s 450 Plus is priced at Rs 1,18,000. Bajaj Chetak is the costliest in the segment, priced at Rs 1,50,000
It claims to be capable of running 240 kms without. However, in actual conditions, it is likely to offer a range of nearly 180 to 200 kms in single charge. The scooter will be capable of charging in from 0 to 50% in just 18 minutes with Ola Hyper charger.
It will require around 2 hours 30 minutes to get completely recharged. However, if plugged into a regular home charging point of 5A, the electric two-wheeler may take up to 5 hours get charged.
- Imagine both the vehicles are driven about 1,000 km in a month,
- Electricity Required from KSEB grid – 110 units (kWh)
- Consumption of EB per month for a small family (4 member)/house – 300 units (kWh)
- Total consumption of Home + Electric Scooter —– 400 to 450 units (kWh)
- Solar system required for overall house + EV charging – 4 kW or 5 kW ON-GRID SOLAR SYSTEM
- Payback for the On-Grid Solar system – 3 years (Considering Petrol price at INR 110/litre) in Ernakulam and Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Challenges faced in Electric Scooters
India imports 50 percent of the key components used to manufacture these scooters like batteries and motors and battery components like Lithium (Li). So, there will always be a concern relating to import dependence. However, replacement of the battery and motors, and the cost involved should be accounted.
Experts mostly agree that EVs can be put on overnight charge but just in case a charge is required while on the move, there should also be a number of fast-charging points available in cities and towns.
#solar #solarpanels #500 Watt solar panels #keralasolar #RECsolarpanel #Sunpower #jinkosolar #longi
ON-GRID SOLAR POWER SYSTEMS
- Wide range – 3 kW, 5kW, 6kW, 8kW, 10kW, 15kW, 20kW
- Efficiency of 99%
- Online Monitoring system –information about system generation and performance
- 25 Years Warranty on Panels, Inverters, Workmanship
- brand value and trust in Kerala market
- Enhanced Safety
- Well trained Team
For On-Grid Solar Power Plant in Kerala, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +91-9633159523
- 500+ Installations
- 7+ years Experience
- Tier 1 Panels, Inverters, SPD, cables, Earthing
- Mono-PERC Panels, European make Inverters
- Generation Guarantee – 5 units/kW/day
- AMC Package Available for Long Term
We have a Hyperlocal strong presence in Kerala (Kochi/Ernakulam, Thrissur, Trivandrum, Kollam, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha)