Oversizing a PV array, involves installing a PV array with a rated DC power (measured @ Standard Test Conditions) which is larger than an inverter’s rated AC output power (i.e. DC @ STC > AC). It can be a valuable tool for system designers seeking to deliver a maximum amount of energy at a lowest possible specific cost.
Reasons for oversizing PV arrays and important factors to consider are summarised below.
- Make better use of the inverter’s AC output
- Lower the specific cost of energy delivered
- Reduce inverter costs
- Achieve favourable energy output when installing inverters in limited space
- Maximise the value of daytime energy to the system owner
- Better match the inverter to the PV array, in the event an inverter needs to be replaced
- Make the most of East-West PV arrays
For On-Grid Solar projects, Solar Net Metering and Solar Panel Installation in Kerala, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +91-9633159523
Solar Energy Company in Trivandrum, Kerala